I'm actually giving this book a 3 1/2-4 star rating but only because it took some work on my part to get through it, even though I really did like it. This is a Pride and Prejudice retelling (with dragons!). I couldn't help but imagine the movie characters as I was reading it for a mental picture. The end was heartbreaking but beautiful and left me with the same mushy heart pain as Pride and Prejudice. If you like that and you like fantasy then this is a great combo. The author stuck mostly to similar concepts as the original, changing the details to fit the genre. The characters names we variations or plays on the characters from Pride and Prejudice. Overall it was a very enjoyable book and gave me the same feels as P&P. I honestly don't know why I was dragging my feet to get through this. Maybe I was just in a bit of a slump.
No comments:
Post a Comment